Tuesday 30 April 2013

Bullseye

I wanted a link between my planting plan and my overall design concept of intensive caring. I'd chosen salvia's for heir height, long flowering and colour contrast. I also like the idea that I'm using a plant that shamen have used for cleansing and blessings for centuries. While researching the salvias I found

The name Salvia derives from the Latin salvere ("to feel well and healthy, health, heal"), the verb related to salus (health, well-being, prosperity or salvation); referring to the herb's healing properties. Pliny the Elder was the first author known to describe a plant called "Salvia" by the Romans, likely describing the type species for the genus SalviaSalvia officinalis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia

Thank you Wikipedia, you beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment